Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Just For Laughs

One of my students had this tucked in their Tuesday folder. She addressed it to me and when I opened it I couldn’t help but giggle. What makes this note even funnier than it already is is that the girl who wrote it is a straight A student. Enjoy!

10 Reasons Why I Don’t Have My Homework:

1. My little sister ate it.
2. I was mugged on the way to school, and the mugger took everything.
3. Our puppy toilet trained on it.
4. Some creatures from outer space borrowed it so they could study how the human brain worked.
5. I put it in a safe but lost the combination.
6. I loaned it to a friend, but he suddenly moved away.
7. Our furnace stopped working, and we had to burn it to keep from freezing. (WE LIVE IN KENYA ☺)
8. I left it in my shirt, and my mother put it in the washing machine.
9. I didn’t do it because I didn’t want to add to your already heavy workload.
10. I lost it fighting with a kid who said you weren’t the best teacher in the school.

I hope that you got a good laugh out of this note. I know I did. Might I say again how much I’m enjoying my students? They are wonderful!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have used some of those excuses before! =]



john conley