Saturday, June 27, 2009

Back in the States

I've been back in the States since June 4th. I have already visited with probably 40 or more people in Jacksonville, FL. I flew to Lynchburg, VA and got to see one of my two best friends after being apart from her for 3 years. Then I flew to Wisconsin and got to see a very good friend of mine. While I was there she delivered her first child. It was a 7 lb 15 oz adorable boy with a head full of hair [a.k.a. afro :-) ]. I was privileged to hear his first cries and hold him in the first hour of his life outside the womb. I also stayed with her both nights in the hospital (her hubby was nice to let me) and got to cuddle with her sweet baby. At present I am in Sarasota, FL visiting my brother and his family. I visited with a different brother last night an hour north of here. I go to Louisiana this Tuesday and get to see my other 2 brothers and my 4 sisters. I'll be there for 2 weeks then spend a few days in Atlanta with a friend. While in Louisiana I'm going to be able to see my other best friend one day. Then it's back to Jax before I fly home to Kenya. I enjoy traveling but I really miss sleeping in my own bed. I'm also looking forward to not living out of a suitcase. Please pray for me as I'm giving a short update to my home church July 19th. Before the morning service I'll be speaking in my former Bible Fellowship class. So please pray for that as well.

No comments: