Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Kibera and then some...

So much has happened since I last posted.

I started a new ministry in Kibera this last Saturday. Kibera is the largest slum in east Africa. It is an AWANA program that we are trying to do with some children in the slum. Please pray for us because we have many kinks to work out. I'm not running the program, which I'm thankful for, but I am going to be a helper. It will run for 5-6 weeks. It will end because soccer will begin and that's a whole different ministry that many of the AWANA leaders are involved in.

I have also starting attending a Sunday evening Bible study with a few ladies I know and some that I don't know. We're studying through the book of Esther. I'm enjoying it so far, and I'm sure I will continue to enjoy it.

Please continue to uphold West Nairobi School in your prayers. On January 27th our Athletic Director/Community Development Coordinator passed away. His wife was our kindergarten teacher. She is now back in America. Please pray for her.

Last week was Teacher Appreciation Week. My students showered me with gifts and good behavior.

As you can gather it's been a busy time. In all of this God has been near and dear to me. I see over and over His sovereignty in all things. Even when I don't understand the details or can't see behind the scenes I know He is at work. There are circumstances that I can't write about that I am continually taking to the Lord in prayer. While I can't control these circumstances or even have a say in them I have to trust that God is in control. He's proven time and again in my life that He's able to do exceedingly and abundantly above what I could ask or think. I've seen Him change me in ways that I never thought possible and I'm confident that He'll do the same in these circumstances. He's so good!

1 comment:

Leona said...

Just wanted you to know, not a day goes by that I am not praying for you.