Friday, November 19, 2010

On Tuesday my class went to the Elephant Orphanage on a field trip with kids from the Mitumba slum. They enjoyed watching the elephants, petting them, and spending time with each other.

Children forgive so easily compared to adults. Wednesday morning I got easily frustrated in class. Both children who had tried my patience were fine just minutes after I was finished teaching the lesson. They smiled at me and approached me as if nothing had occurred between us. If only I could forgive and forget as quickly as a child.

Yesterday when I arrived in my classroom from morning recess there was a rose on my desk. None of my students would confess to putting it there, but I’m sure one of them did. They’re sweet like that. A few weeks ago two of my students wrote me a sweet note and put it on my desk with chocolates. They just admitted who they were a few days ago. I’m so well loved!

Yesterday one of my female students showed me her bottle of boy repellent (picture below). This is the second year in a row that one of my girls has made some boy repellent. Must be a 5th grade girl thing. Lol Gotta love them!!

No comments: