Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Going Home

Well, I leave for home in 22 days. I figured I would post a blog about the things I'm looking forward to and the things I'll miss during the summer.

Things I'm looking forward to this summer:
*seeing friends and family
*exercising outside
*being out late at night
*traffic laws being followed for the most part
*non-pothole roads
*Wal-Mart and Target
*Starbucks
*there are too many restaurants to name
*Brewster's Ice Cream!! (I think I spelled it right)
*swimming and the beach
*drinking out of the tap
*fast internet
*Trinity Baptist Church
*personal space
*air conditioning
*real toilets everywhere I go; not holes in the floor or the great outdoors
*laundry being washed in a washing machine and not by hand
*order

Things I'll miss this summer:
*the fresh fruit and veggies (they're so much sweeter here than the States)
*having all incoming calls on my cell phone free
*Emmanuel Baptist Church
*singing in choir
*new friends I've made here
*For You Chinese
*Habesha Ethiopian
*no enforced speed limit
*game drives (I don't think I'll ever tire of seeing the amazing animals here)

I'm sure there are more in both lists but these are some starters. I'm sure I'll miss Kenya this summer but for now I'm so excited to be going home.

No comments: