Monday, May 4, 2009

Mombasa



This past weekend I spent two wonderful nights at Whitesands Beach Resort & Spa in Mombasa. It was so nice to get away from the city. I went with the 6th grade teacher and we had a lot of fun together. It worked great because we both like to go to bed early and get up early. We also get along really well and I had a marvelous time getting to know her better. My favorite time though was the 2nd night when I went out alone and sat in a chair under a light where I could see the beach and ocean. I sat there and read for an hour. It was relaxing to listen to the waves crashing against the shore as I read my Bible, a book that I brought, and prayed. This weekend was a good time of fellowship with the Lord. Now it's back to the hustle and bustle of every day life. It's nice to set times apart for focused fellowship with the Lord. I'm starting this week in a much better mood than I was in before I left for the weekend.

1 comment:

Alice Lisa said...

Am still jealous, but am glad you had a chance to experience our coast..we should go there again some time :-)