Thursday, March 25, 2010

traffic & the BIG picture

Last night a few friends and I went to Westlands to meet another friend of ours for dinner. It rained and we got stuck in some majorly heavy traffic. What should have been a 15-20 minute drive turned into an almost hour drive. While I was sitting in my friend's car surrounded by too many vehicles to count I reflected on the Lord. I was thinking of what it would be like to view the traffic from a helicopter. From a helicopter one would easily be able to see what needed to be done to clear the traffic. Someone could say, "oh this car needs to take a left, these cars need to continue straight, this car should wait for these three cars to pass then turn, etc." The possibilities of how to fix the traffic are endless I'm sure. If you were looking from above you could see the big picture. God sees the big picture of our lives. He directs our steps and guides our thoughts. He's there telling us when to stop and when to go. He is sovereign over all things and there's peace and rest in that simple fact. It's not sufficient for me to just know that God knows all things, but to know that God orchestrates my life is a satisfying thought. He will do a much better job directing me than I ever could do on my own.

No comments: