Thursday, April 8, 2010

**Easter Break **

For those of you that will see me this summer you'll have to ask about my very African traveling experience to get me to Mbita. Once in Mbita I watched the sun set on Lake Victoria. As you can see it was gorgeous.



I also rafted on the Nile River. The morning of rafting I got up about an hour before everyone else. My body wouldn't let me sleep late all break. The place I was staying at had a deck that overlooked the Nile River. It had rained and as I looked across the river there was a beautiful, vibrant rainbow. It was a pleasant time to spend with just me and the Lord. I sang praises to my Savior and opened His Word for some daily bread. The quiet time spent alone with Him was probably my favorite part of the whole trip. That's not to say rafting the Nile wasn't amazing because it definitely was.

Sadly I seem to have picked up 2 parasites from my adventures. I missed school Tuesday and Wednesday of this week. I was back today, but had a headache for about 5 hours of the day. :-( I'm sure by tomorrow I'll be 100% back to normal.

No comments: