Thursday, April 22, 2010

Giggles and Laughter

I like writing about every day life. I have several friends who have ministry update blogs, serious blogs, musical blogs, etc. I like that mine has a mixture of many different genres.

Yesterday I did something uncommon for me on a normal school day. I guess with it getting closer to the end of the school year and myself being ahead in the classroom I felt freedom to goof off. My students and I must have laughed and giggled for an hour yesterday afternoon. I kept joking around and saying, “Kids we have to stop laughing. There’s no fun in school.” Then they’d start a new round of laughter because they know that’s not true.

As stressful as teaching can get at times I really do enjoy it. That’s not to say I’m not ready for a two-month break because I definitely am! I like the versatility of the classroom. While I teach all the subjects every day I don’t have to teach them in the same order all the time. I can play games and sing songs with my kiddos. Best of all I can share truths about God from His Word every day. By no means am I perfect, but I’m striving toward holiness. If my students leave my classroom knowing that it’s possible to have a relationship with Christ that is alive and real then I’ve succeeded.

I just confiscated this note that one of my students wrote. It’s an acronym for me.

M arvelous
I ncredible
S elf-control
S ervant’s heart
P olite
O h! so creative
U nique
R esponsible
C ourageous
I ndestructible
A gility
U are good!
X tremely awesome

These kids are pretty cute!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your students are creative, must be all tat great teaching they receive, most importantly you as a role model. That is what this world needs!

Leona said...

LOVE IT!!!