Saturday, May 22, 2010

Chapel - JOB

Yesterday my students put on the last chapel of the school year. One of my students had been saying for 3 weeks that he wanted one or both of his parents to be there. Even that morning I heard him telling another student that he didn't care what the other kid thought, he likes his parents to attend his events. To my surprise and satisfaction his mom walked in late. I don't think anyone could have wiped the smile off my face. This child is probably the main child I have the least amount of patience with. I'm not exaggerating when I say that he can easily ask me 20-30 questions a day. I try to be patient with him, but I know I fail a lot. He's craving attention from his parents more than anything. After his mom attended the program, his behavior yesterday was the best it's been in weeks. It solidifies to me the importance of a parent in a child's life.

No comments: