Sunday, February 27, 2011

Oddities

Do you ever feel like an oddball? Perhaps you have a certain style of dress, or music that you listen to, or opinions that others don't share. There are many things that set each of us apart. Sometimes I feel that way but not in manner of appearance. Sometimes I get so excited about what God is doing in my life that I want to tell everyone. Sometimes I just want to shout. I understand that sounds a bit charismatic but I don't care. I don't always behave the way I feel because of fear...mostly. I don't want people getting the impression that I think I'm super spiritual. I also don't want people to think I'm a hypocrite because let's face it - no one is perfect. I'm going to say things I shouldn't or do things I shouldn't now matter how hard I try not to. Even being in a Christian community I feel hindered to really express myself. In Bible college one of my professors used to call me "praise girl" because every day I had a praise to share. I didn't always have a prayer request, but I could always look for something to praise God about. These days it seems more acceptable to complain than to speak about God's goodness and abound with a heart of thanksgiving. I've decided to spend just 2 days in praise to God. I will not complain or groan or moan. I will only say aloud what will give honor to my Savior. Care to participate in my challenge? You are welcome to do so! Have a blessed day, and I hope you spend it giving glory to God.

No comments: