Thursday, April 16, 2009

She's Back! :-)

Our 6th grade teacher is back after being gone since December. She went home and had a routine mammogram in the States and they ended up finding cancer in her breast. She underwent surgery and has been recovering for several months. She's always an encouragement to me and I'm so glad to have her back. I didn't realize how much I'd missed her until she came into my classroom on Tuesday morning. Just the sight of her made me smile. She's looking great and has come back renewed and refreshed. This is quite the contrast to the overall climate of the school right now. Many of the other teachers are struggling through these last 7 weeks. There's a sense of "I'm done, let me go home" around the campus. It's been a tough year. I know I've learned a lot both about myself and about schools in general. I'm sad that there are five teachers not returning next year. I think if things weren't so rough this past year there wouldn't be so many teachers going. I will miss them but I'm sure God has other plans for them.

No comments: