Sunday, September 6, 2009

Marriageable Age

Today has been a day for laughing and fun. I received a gift from a friend in the single ladies group at church in celebration of my birthday. On the envelope containing my birthday card this was written “In my African culture, when a lady reaches a marriageable age, she is given a BROOM as a symbol of readiness.” Sure enough inside the bag contained a small African broom! I can’t help but smile (and laugh) even writing this now. I love her! I told her she's a few years late. I reached that age several years ago. She said she hopes that will change soon. I assured her it’s not likely but I know not to put God in a box. He’s a creative God and can bring someone into my life any time He wishes. For now I’m enjoying serving Him alone. I believe that people should enjoy every stage of their lives and I try to enjoy each stage to its fullest.

No comments: