Saturday, September 5, 2009

birthdays and memories

The 2nd was my birthday and what a great day it was! It started off with me approaching my classroom to find a single rose in a glass jar awaiting me at the door. Then when my students came in I was thankful for the precious gifts they chose to give me. I am well loved! My bouquet of roses (my favorite flowers to receive!) is still on the kitchen counter smelling sweeter every day. That evening I felt even more cherished with the group of 13 for dinner at an amazing Italian restaurant called L'Arena. Overall I'd say it was a wonderful day!

Today marks 12 years since my dad passed away. It's been a long time but I can still remember the look on his face when he was proud of me. Or the way I'd sit beside him and put my arm in his and his first question would be "What do you want?" His eyes danced as he said it and I'd giggle back "Nothing, I just want to be near you." I miss watching the rodeo with him and each of us guessing how long each guy would stay on the bull. Watching the bull riding was our favorite thing to watch. In some ways each year becomes easier to accept his absence, but I will still always miss him.

No comments: