Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Quiet Time

I've started something new in Bible this week. I teach my students Bible for 45 minutes every day. I have started having them read in the Bible the last 10-15 minutes of class. I told them to start in Genesis and that each day they'd continue where they left off. Today was so encouraging because several of them were discussing what they were reading with other students on the way to morning recess. It's neat to hear the excitement in their voices. I think they're surprised at how interesting the Bible is. If they get nothing else from 5th grade I'd like for them to fall in love with God's Word.

"If we expect great things from God we will receive them." I don't know where I heard that quote but I like it. In the soon to be 12 years since I received Christ I have witnessed some pretty amazing things. I have seen God move in spectacular ways and I'm learning that the evident movement of God is not necessarily seen everywhere. God is everywhere and always working but so many times we miss out on what God is doing in the here and now because we are distracted. I have begun to pray for revival - both at my school and my church. I believe that if God's gets a hold of the youth and the youth take hold to God then remarkable things can happen.

No comments: