Saturday, October 2, 2010

Trip Canceled :-(

Today I was supposed to go to Mount Longonot with 10 friends, but I got sick and needed to stay home instead. I spent a little time in the morning running necessary errands, grabbing something small to eat, then coming back home for rest time. I felt terrible b/c I was the one who planned the trip. Four people were riding with me, and since I couldn't go there wasn't enough transportation for everyone to ride in the other vehicle. The trip was canceled, but we're hoping to reschedule for another time.

Yesterday I was thinking that as a teacher I take on many roles that I typically wouldn't in other jobs. I was thinking of former students who've had mouths filled with ink because they decided to suck on their pens. I've had students come to me with cuts and scrapes needing a band-aid. I've had students make sticky spills in the classroom. Yesterday I had a student come to me who needed their flip flop repaired. A couple staples and a piece of tape later and she was all fixed up. I find that teaching is preparing me for more future ministry opportunities. I have the rest of this year and next year on my contract. I've wondered what I'll do after my contract ends. I'm not sure if I'll renew for longer or pursue another ministry opportunity. That is far away though. A lot can happen in a year and a half. If you think of me please start praying now that God would give me clear guidance about the future. Thanks! Love and miss you all back home!!

No comments: