Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Silliness and Spirituality

It seems like a long time since I last blogged. Much has happened in the last few weeks. I've been amused by how adorable children are. I've overheard a few funny comments from kids from other classes. "Miss Muchai, I'm getting boring," was said by a 1st grader. I can't even remember who said, "it smells cold out here." Kids really can say some of the funniest things. I've been in silly moods lately. Sometimes I fake a British accent and have my students rolling over in laughter. They've named that particular character of mine Miss Twiddle. When I thicken my southern accent and put in fake bubba teeth my character is Miss Smith. Who would've known I'd be using the drama skills I learned in high school for teaching? We have a lot of fun in the classroom! With kids it's great because you can be silly and goofy and they love you anyway. :-) I say this to people all the time but I feel I should write it now - I LOVE MY STUDENTS! Being lead teacher is made possible this year because my kiddos are so awesome. This year I'm encouraging my students to read their Bibles one book at a time. There are 27 books that take 15 minutes or less to read. One of my students parents told me that their child has been reading their Bible at home. Such music to my ears! I'm excited that my students are taking what they're learning at school home with them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey Julie, it's great to hear about your year. I miss you guys like crazy. Keep up the awesome work that God has put you there for. And keep in touch!!!
Joel