Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Journey to Nairobi

I wrote this entry on July 27th, but I have not been able to post it until now. I hope you enjoy the read. The Lord is so good and so faithful!!

Today I was given a devotional. During my layover in Detroit I opened the devotional to the page for July 27th. As God always does, He reassured me once more of His plan for me. This is the entry I read:

Hope is a golden cord connecting you to heaven. This cord helps you hold your head up high, even when multiple trials are buffeting you. I never leave your side, and I never let go of your hand. But without the cord of hope, your head may slump and your feet may shuffle as you journey uphill with Me. Hope lifts your perspective from your weary feet to the glorious view you can see from the high road. You are reminded that the road we’re traveling together is ultimately a highway to heaven. When you consider this radiant destination, the roughness or smoothness of the road ahead becomes much less significant. I am training you to hold in your heart a dual focus: My continual Presence and the hope of heaven.

As I embark on a new chapter in my already full life God lifts my chin and whispers words of wisdom to me as He always does with His children. While I have not encountered trials recently I know they are to come. I am thankful to my loving Father for encouraging my heart and adjusting my focus prior to their arrival.

No comments: