Wednesday, July 9, 2008

PFO



I just got home from attending PFO (Pre-Field Orientation). During the two weeks I was in Southaven, MS I learned more than my brain could process. We started our day at 8:00 a.m. Lunch was served from 12:00-1:00 or 1:30 depending on the day. We went back to class after lunch until anywhere from 4:00-5:30. I learned many helpful things during those many hours of class that will help me once I am overseas.

The best part of PFO was meeting the other teachers and their families that are going to Nairobi, Kenya as well. We went out several times as a group. Les Ommen will be our assistant principal. His wife Karen will also be coming and helping around the school as well. Peter Kim will be our athletics director. His wife Amber and their little girl Abbey and son Noah are coming too of course. They are such a sweet family! Amy Polhemus will be teaching elementary p.e. along with other things, Kate Weiant will be teaching high school English, and Amy Keyser will be teaching first grade. Amy has already been in Kenya for a year. Joel Dixon will be teaching high school Math and Science. We are a fun bunch!

No comments: