Saturday, August 29, 2009

refined through the fire

This week I had one of those days at school where I'm so thankful to be a Christian school teacher. One morning I started teaching Bible before my students went to morning recess and finished after. They had excellent questions and awesome discussions followed each one. I can tell the Lord is at work in the hearts and lives of the children in my classroom. Please continue to pray for the salvation of those that do not have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

"It is doubtful whether God can bless a man greatly until He has hurt him deeply." A.W. Tozer made this statement and it still rings true to this very moment. You could assume that with all the hurt that has transpired in my almost 27 years that I would be immune to it. That is definitely not so! If anything when I hear of a tragedy my heart goes out to the loved ones of those involved even more. I've been thinking all day of my cousin and what her mom and my aunt (her grandmother) must be feeling. I think the part that I'm having the hardest time with is the fact that I have no clue if she accepted Jesus Christ as her personal Savior. My reason for living is to share Christ with others. My hope truly is found in Jesus Christ! We have no guarantees of tomorrow. I remember not long ago having a conversation with an unsaved friend and telling her that I'm not afraid to die. To this day I'm still not afraid to die. My security is in knowing that Christ died for my sins and I'm forgiven! I have no fear because I know my ultimate home is heaven.

Lately, I've been challenged to be a bolder witness for Christ. There is nothing more spectacular than hearing someone pray and receive Christ. Their prayer is so sincere and unpretentious. They speak straight from the heart. Please pray that God would send people in my path that I can be a witness to.

Last, but not least - pray for rain!!!

No comments: