Sunday, August 29, 2010

Long Weekend

There was no school on Friday due to a Kenyan national holiday. Friday marked the day of Kenya instituting the new constitution. I decided that with a day off from school I shouldn't stay in Nairobi. I went to Hell's Gate National Park with a couple of people. It was my 4th trip there and I have to say I LOVE that place! Each time I go I am enamored with God's creation. The weather was beautiful and the company was good. That evening I hung out with one of my new friends. Yesterday I went to Amani Ya Juu for lunch with quite a few of the ladies from WNS. Seventeen ladies showed up to celebrate 2, no 4, of the teachers' birthdays. In the evening I went out with a couple that I'm friends with. I always say that their little boy is my favorite baby in Africa. :-) When we got back from dinner they put Micah to bed. Then one of my friends joined us and the four of us played two games of Settlers of Catan. This morning was church and then the rest of the day was spent taking a nap, visiting, and running errands. I am still very behind in my work from being so sick and having to stay in bed for 5 days straight. Sadly I didn't get any school work done this weekend. Hopefully tomorrow morning I can get up without problems and get to school early.

No comments: