Sunday, August 15, 2010

Prayer - what a glorious thing!

Today I went into my classroom to get things ready for a substitute. I checked our classroom P.O. Box where the students can write me confidential prayer requests. The first note I opened said, “Please pray that my mum and dad may stop fighting.” My heart melted and instantly I felt the need to want to protect this child from whatever is happening at home. As I continued reading more notes there were requests for friends and family members’ salvation, people with illnesses to get better, a parent to find a job, and one child said they are having trouble with their faith. It is interesting what weighs on a child’s heart. They can dwell on troubles just as we adults do. It is precious to me that they trust me enough to share with me, and they confide in me to pray for them. I’ve said it before but I’ll say it again – Teaching is a privilege! I eagerly anticipate the changes God wants to make at West Nairobi School. He has already started working on me. I’m sure He’s already started working on my students’ hearts. This year revival will happen. I’m praying for it. Please pray with me. :-)

No comments: