Monday, September 6, 2010

Mmm mmm good :-)

My resolution of making one new meal each week has been a success. I've actually made two meals so far this week. Yesterday was a "Be still and know that I am God" day. I've been on the go for 2 weeks straight and I could no longer keep going. I needed to stop for a full day and rest. I was beginning to get a sore throat which insinuated another upper respiratory infection. I actually slept until noon yesterday and still was able to go to bed by 10:00 p.m. because of my exhaustion. For lunch I made homemade fajitas. I had never made them before. I had some overripe bananas and made homemade banana bread for the first time yesterday as well. Both were a success! This morning I woke up with a pep in my step. It's been weeks since I woke up with so much energy. All day I anticipated coming home because I knew I would be making Chicken Marsala for the first time. Another complete success. Who would have thought that cooking could be such a stress reliever? Surely not me! :-) I've always enjoyed cooking and baking, but I never thought it would be such a big part of my current lifestyle. I actually get energized from cooking. To most this is laughable, but to me it's enjoyable. Here's a pic of the Marsala. It's a little blurry, but it gives you a pretty good idea of how delicious it tasted based on looks.

No comments: