Friday, February 6, 2009

Chapel

Yesterday was quite the day! It started off by me finding out that I had an hour and a half meeting after school. My original plan was to check off my long list of errands. Well about the end of the school day I get a text from the person who was scheduled to speak for me for chapel today. He got food poisoning several days ago and said that he wasn't feeling much better. He didn't cancel but checked to see if I had a back up speaker just in case. I couldn't put much thought into it because I had to race off to after school duty then the unexpected meeting. After the meeting I texted the chapel speaker to find out if he thought he might make it. I went to leave school about 5:10 p.m. and realized I had a flat tire. I didn't think much about it because I have a spare. Well the spare was put on and it was flat. I got my front two tires changed about two months ago. The spare was on the left or right side of the front of my vehicle. Apparently when they took it off they gave me my flat tire back for my spare. I was a little frustrated that they would be so dishonest. My roommate and I ended up borrowing the school car. We went to a tire place to get my flat plugged. I could tell the guy was dishonest and wanted to overcharge me. All I could think about was the stack of papers that needed to be graded and errands that weren't getting run. I didn't bother getting it fixed at that place. As we pull into the place where we buy vegetables I get a text saying that my chapel speaker needs to cancel. Mind you by this point it was already 6:00 p.m. and I still wasn't home. By the time I got home I was so flustered I couldn't get anything done. I ate a bit of dinner then went to my room for some quiet time with the Lord. After the attitude I had over all the drama of my day I needed some confessing time. I know that I get that way because I'm selfish and want my day to run the way I want it to run. After I had some good fellowship with the Lord I went to sleep. I got up about 4:50 a.m. and prepared for chapel. This morning went great! Everyone really enjoyed chapel. I even had sixth graders be sure and tell me how much they enjoyed it. I know it's all in the Lord's hands but I really hope they got the point of the story I told them. I know I was entertaining but entertainment without a heart change does nothing. Speakers can be phenomenal but if what they say doesn't stick then they really weren't phenomenal. My prayer was that God would speak through me and I pray that He did and continues to. He's taught me a lot about His will over mine these past few weeks. Sometimes it hurts to be molded into His image because I'm stubborn and not always moldable. Thankfully, He is a God that is patient, loving, and kind!!!

No comments: