Thursday, February 12, 2009

Heshima Disabled Children's School

Today I took my class on a field trip to Heshima Disabled Children's School. I don't remember the name of the slum it is located in. We had such an amazing time! Half of my students played with the disabled students inside and the other half picked up garbage outside. Halfway through our time there the groups switched. After the trip all my students exclaimed that it had been the best trip of the year. I was told that my 5th graders worked harder than the middle and high school groups that had already been there to help. I can't help but be thankful that the Lord placed me as their teacher. I was absolutely smitten with two of the four children. The little girl was glued to me and wouldn't go with any of my students when I tried sharing her. The little boy kept grabbing my hand as we were leaving. Finally one of the other boys grabbed him and he had a death grip on my hand and just as I released my one hand he hooked on to the other. I didn't want to leave! Just this morning I was reading a book that talked about how God is such a creative God. He makes each of us unique and designs us specifically for His purpose. What an amazing God we serve!!!

No comments: