Saturday, August 15, 2009

Memorial Service

Today we had Ryan Williams' memorial service. This is the first one I've been to since my dad died September of 1997. The one before that was my mom's funeral. I was doing okay until toward the end. Dawn had all the mechanics that Ryan worked with stand shoulder to shoulder. Then she said to them as well as other AIM people to be sure to tell stories to her boys about their daddy. This summer when I went home I tried asking questions about my parents and no one could answer them. When people ask me who I miss the most while I'm in Kenya my first thought is always my parents. The truth is that I missed them even when I was in the States as well. Sometimes I wish I still had one of them so that they could tell me about the other. I was sitting toward the back at the service and it broke my heart when I heard the kids start crying. I may not have known Ryan well but many in my church did. I've been praying for those I specifically know that were close to him. It's always sad to lose someone. Thankfully with Ryan it is a time of rejoicing as well because he is now with our Heavenly Father.

No comments: