Thursday, August 6, 2009

Updates

I realize that in my last entry I mentioned Ryan Williams but did not mention how I know him. He and his family attend my church here in Nairobi. He's actually a deacon in the church. He was flown to South Africa for his skin grafting surgery. The last I heard was that he was unstable and had to be placed on Dialysis to support his kidney function, short term. Please pray for Ryan's recovery. He and his wife just adopted a beautiful Kenyan girl this summer. Ryan's wife, Dawn, and others are working diligently to get her travel papers so they can join Ryan in South Africa. So if you could lift that situation up in your prayers also that would be greatly appreciated.

With preparations for school consuming so much of my time I have not gotten my car checked out by a mechanic yet. On the upside I am getting quite the arm workout because power steering went out a while ago. I should post an update in the next week about its full condition. I'm a little nervous to find out how bad it is.

Due to the lack of rain in Kenya the country has started rationing electricity. Different parts of the country will be without electricity 2 days a week from 6am-7pm. Power plants are hydroelectric and so without the needed rain they are in trouble. Please pray for rain!!! Thankfully I thought ahead and got up earlier to turn the hot water heater on so I had a nice hot shower. The lack of sleep was worth feeling clean. :-) Of course I wasn't thinking about the fact that my stove is electric and all I had to eat were eggs. It was a good reason to go to Java for a whole wheat bagel and Malindi chai latte. Yum Yum!

Well, please continue to pray for my new group of students. I am praying for salvation decisions and spiritual growth.

No comments: