Saturday, June 12, 2010

FrIeNdS

My best friend Cheri flew in last night to see me. Have I mentioned lately how much I love my friends? She came to see me for the weekend. We were up really late talking and as I'm writing this entry she's still sleeping. My pastor preached a really good sermon on Sunday. He said one thing that has really stuck out to me. It's caused me to evaluate all the 'friendships' in my life. He said, "you're not friends with somebody if they can't make themselves vulnerable to you." How very true that statement is! I know that I'm close to people because we share things with each other. I have learned over the years that some friendships take time while others happen almost instantaneously. I'm generally a very open person, but when it comes to matters of the heart I don't share those with everyone. I'm actually quite closed toward people I don't feel I can trust or toward those who are closed toward me. Friendship really is a two way street. It can't be one person putting forth effort in the friendship because it just won't work.

It's later in the day now, and I'm getting ready to go out. Two of my friends from college are getting married. I'm extremely happy for them. They are both awesome people who love the Lord. It's been wonderful to see God use them single and I can't wait to see how God uses them as a married couple!

No comments: