Thursday, January 29, 2009

FAT

This week has been very busy. I haven't been able to leave early after school any day this week. I'm looking forward to a break Valentine's weekend.

I am thankful I can download podcasts of sermons from my church back home. I listened to a message today that really encouraged my heart. God is definitely at work although right now it's hard to understand exactly what He's doing in some situations. I've been extremely burdened to pray for specific students in my class. Please pray with me for their salvation. I know what they need is the Lord.

Tonight a friend and I got stopped by the police (which is a common occurrence here in Kenya for anyone). They asked for her license and she gave it to them. Now mind you my friend is neither fat nor huge. The policeman looked at her license picture and said that in the picture she looked fat. The proceeded to expand his arms out like a bird demonstrating what he meant. He then told her she looked huge in her picture. It's interesting the things that we are private about as Americans and Kenyans are not. Thankfully my friend and I both have a good sense of humor and we laughed the rest of the way to my house.

No comments: