Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Home

Today I came back to school after being out through the weekend, like normal, and Monday and Tuesday. I really missed my students. I must admit that I was glad when the substitute sent me a text yesterday letting me know how much my students were missing me. The kids also asked my roommate at PE how I was doing because they were so anxious to have me back. It means a lot to know that they care for me so much as I do for them. I have very few bouts of homesickness. Kenya has become home to me over these last six months. I love my students and I can tell they love me too. My church is great and I've already started serving in children's sunday school. At present I am looking for more opportunities to serve others. Tomorrow we are having a field trip to a slum school called Heshima.

No comments: