Tuesday, March 17, 2009

But By Prayer

This morning I lead faculty devotions. I had been praying for almost two weeks about what to speak on and even when I woke up this morning I still wasn't sure what to talk about. I had Scripture swarming around in my head but what the Scripture spoke to me about I was nervous to share. Well, I finally listened to the Lord. I talked about trials and how God is with us through all of them. I shared how I've realized since being here that God really is the only one who genuinely has time for me. I never have to worry about Him being too busy to listen to my prayers. I also talked about how as a Christian school teacher I feel like my first priority is to lead my students to the Lord and see them grow in their relationship with Him. I closed devotions with prayer and earnestly prayed for the salvation of students at our school. Not even two hours later I got a note from a student who was unsure of her salvation. I was able to speak with her and she accepted Christ!! There is nothing like the smile of joy that spreads across a person's face when they realize their sins are forgiven! This year has not been easy but spiritually it has been rich and very fulfilling. It's wonderful to know that I'm in the exact place God wants me.

No comments: