Saturday, March 28, 2009

Lukenya Getaway

I got home yesterday from the Leadership Conference. Seven single ladies went to the conference from my church. I was pleasantly surprised with how many girls decided to go. I enjoy spending time with them and we had a lot of fun talking and hanging out the past few days. On Wednesday when we arrived at the camp we came to find out that they already had many more people show up than expected. Someone helped me scramble around to find some sheets and blankets for all the girls and myself. We were so grateful to have something to sleep with! By the end of Wednesday there were 195 people that came for the conference. Wow! All those voices singing praise to our Creator was an experience I'll never forget. On Thursday I attended sessions for the ladies and they were quite the blessing. I even managed to get some schoolwork done while being there. Okay so I didn't get it done but got a small chunk finished to lighten the load for next week. Please pray for my students as next week they have SAT testing on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.

No comments: