Friday, March 13, 2009

Teamwork

For the last three weeks every Friday has been Hat Day. Our 6th grade teacher went home over Christmas break and had tests done. She found out she had breast cancer and had to have surgery. She's not been back yet but we've been having a special day just for her. The students pay 50 shillings to wear a hat for the day. All the money is going toward her doctor bills. Since today was the last Friday there was a contest. The class with the most class participation wins 20 minutes free time and each a soda. I told my students yesterday that if they all participated I would add brownies or chocolate chip cookies to the reward. Today they came in with their money and hats. The precious part of it is that many students brought extra money to help out those that didn't bring any. Some students even brought extra hats and materials to make fun hats. I just love these kiddos. We talk about team work a lot and it's always good to see them applying what I teach them.

The Lord is teaching me so much by being here. I'm learning a lot about people in general and also there are personal lessons the Lord is teaching me about myself. Some days I really desire to have parents to talk to but I've learned that without them I lean on the Lord much more than if their ears were readily available. The Lord is my Abba Father and he will NEVER leave me nor forsake me. He's the one constant in my life no matter what else changes. I'm thankful that he chooses an imperfect vessel such as myself to convey His love and care for His creation.

No comments: