Monday, July 20, 2009

Getting Ready

Today has been a super busy day! I spent the majority of the day shopping for all the things I need to take back to Kenya with me. I hope I can fit it all in my suitcases! I had the privilege of shopping with a wonderful lady from my home church. My only thought is - Why did I not spend time with her all those years I was living in Jacksonville? I know that things happen in God's timing though. Our time was so special because we had so much to share with each other that even two years ago could not have been shared. My new friend and I's conversation included a lot of talk about God's sovereignty. Today has reminded me yet again that God's ways are higher than our ways.

To think that God takes notice of a sinner like me baffles my mind. I fail Him and disobey Him and yet He still loves me!!! On Sunday we had Hosanna House sing a special during the morning service. Hosanna House is a home for struggling, troubled, and rebellious teenagers. They sang of redemption in Christ and it was evident that they believed every word that poured out of their mouth. Looking at my past it is obvious that God has had His hand in my life. I never want to forget about the power of salvation. I want to shout out "MY SINS ARE FORGIVEN!" Everyone I know has a unique testimony about how they came to know Christ as their personal Savior. Not one story is the same because each person is different. I believe it's good to share your testimony with others because while it may be a blessing to others it reminds us that our Heavenly Father cares enough to have sent His very best - Jesus Christ! I am also reminded that were it not for grace I don't know where life would have led me. It is by God's grace that I've made a lot of good choices and I didn't take a path that led to destruction. Have you thanked God for salvation today? Do you know God as your personal Savior? If you don't please send me a comment with your e-mail address included and I'll write you and share with you how you can have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and know that your sins are forgiven.

No comments: