Friday, October 16, 2009

Ad-Nouns?

My students this year always have me smiling. :-) It seems like English is the most amusing subject. I'm teaching about verbs today and I asked them what words describe verbs. They answered 'adverbs'. Then I asked what words describes nouns and one child above all the rest blurts out 'adnouns'. He's so stinkin cute! He knew the right answer (adjectives) but the first thing that came to mind is what came out his mouth.

I have this fun thing in class where my students try to spell the word c-o-m-p-l-i-m-e-n-t. They earn the letters by getting compliments from adults or teachers on campus and administrators. This week they earned all the letters and their prize was a snack day. Today they could eat snacks at their desks all day. I kind of forgot they had music and boy did I get an earful about their behavior in music. Ooopsie! I definitely need to warn their specials teachers or have snack day start after lunch next time. All in all the students were thrilled with the day.

No comments: