Monday, October 12, 2009

Nyali Reef

Mombasa was amazing! Linda, another teacher, and I left Friday evening from the bus station at 9:30 p.m. and arrived in Mombasa at 5:45 a.m. We took a cab to the place we were staying at for the weekend. The first thing we did after all the other guests in the house left for a ministry activity was to go for a swim in the pool. It was raining and I enjoyed every minute of the drops pelting on my skin. The weekend consisted of swimming (in the pool and Indian Ocean), reading, walking, sleeping, worshiping (devotions while overlooking the ocean & church at Crossroads Fellowship), chatting, laughing, and eating. I couldn't have asked for a better weekend. We left Sunday evening at 10 p.m. and arrived in Nairobi at 6 a.m. I rushed home and got ready for work. I was pretty exhausted while teaching yesterday and boy did I look tired. I tried to cover up the exhaustion with makeup but to no avail. My whole demeanor screamed sleepy. My students were quite gracious toward me. Like 5th graders they of course laughed when I slurred my words or mumbled. I was a very different Miss Pourciaux from their usual upbeat, on-task teacher. Even though I was tired we still had a fun day.

No comments: