Sunday, October 25, 2009

PTCs and Famine Relief

From Wednesday until today it’s been pretty busy. Wednesday and Thursday were ½ days for the kids. Not for teachers though. I had parent teacher conferences after lunch. They all went really well and I was very encouraged. I learned that my students talk about me A LOT. This is not a bad thing because apparently it’s all good things being said. It does makes me much more conscientious of what I talk about in class though.

Yesterday I went on famine relief with my church. God’s Word says it’s more blessed to give than receive. I’ve learned that even when we give we still receive though. I received a blessing in visiting the churches in the Ukambani area. I love hearing them sing their voices out in praise to our Savior. I’ve been taking Swahili lessons and it’s neat to actually understand some of the words that were spoken. It was a great day!

Next week is a three-day weekend for West Nairobi School teachers. One of the teachers has invited me to Mbita. Mbita is on Lake Victoria. I’m looking forward to the trip and I’m sure I’ll have things to say and pictures to post of the trip.

No comments: