Monday, October 5, 2009

Unexpected Detours

So this morning on my way to work I got a flat tire. I felt my car pulling to the right a tad bit as I was leaving my gate but didn't think anything of it. It didn't take long before I realized what had happened. Thankfully there's a family here that I can always count on. They arrived to help me as soon as they could. First, we tried pumping the tire up with fix flat but it was too far gone. So, we ended up putting the spare tire on. I drove to work without any difficulty. Sadly, I need to buy a new tire. :-( There are many other things I need to repair on my car, but surprisingly I didn't get upset by this news. I've known since I first got back in July that my car was in bad shape. I plan on selling it but honestly I do need to fix a few things before I entrust my clunker (a.k.a. Bertha) to anyone else. On the brighter side of things :-) with the rain we got the other night the jacaranda trees are in full blossom. It is a beautiful drive home from work once I come to the area where the trees are sporadically lined along the main road. There are splashes of purple all over the place. I thoroughly enjoy the little things in life that put a smile on my face and a bounce in my step. I'll try to get a pic of these beautiful trees this week.

No comments: