Sunday, July 18, 2010

Melancholy Monday.... oh wait.... maybe Sappy Sunday??

We had ladies meeting this morning at church. It went really well. It was led by the 13 girls from the BJU team. Even with a wonderful morning/afternoon I’ve been sort of melancholy all day. I’m sure you’ve noticed by now that one thing that will typically cheer me up is cooking or baking. I began homemade Ezekiel bread last evening and allowed it to ferment overnight. This afternoon I came home to finish making the bread. I actually have never made bread before so I went to the store to buy 2 bread pans. When I returned home I turned the oven on, cleaned the pans, and proceeded to transfer the risen dough to their respective pans. As I was transferring dough the electricity shut off. Such is life in Kenya! Happily while I’ve been typing this the electricity has now turned back on. :-) I’ll let you know if my attempt at baking bread was a flop or success. I’ve made homemade biscuits here and they’ve turned out fantastic so I have to admit that I will probably be disappointed if they don’t turn out well. That doesn't mean I won't try again though.

As I’ve been typing I hear the children in my apartment playing. When I came back from the States my housemate told me that the children would knock on our front door and run away. She said it took her a few times before she realized it was them. Oopsie! I probably should have told her before I left that they sometimes do that. I usually open the door and call out to them with a smile in my voice. They typically respond from their hiding places with giggles.

No comments: