Monday, July 19, 2010

Talk, talk, talk

This year I'm moving classrooms. We're trying to put all the elementary rooms in two buildings. One of the buildings is brand new. There are four rooms (two on top and two on bottom), but only the bottom two rooms are finished. The original plan was for 1st grade & kindergarten to be on the bottom and music & pre-K to be on the top. Well circumstances have caused 1st grade to be moved to the top and pre-K to the bottom. I'm moving into 1st grade's old room. Sadly the new room is not complete and won't be for at least another week. Once it's finished and furniture is moved in the old room will need to be painted for me. It may still be another week and a half or two weeks before I can move in. Interesting enough I got back early so I wouldn't be rushing to get ready the week before school starts. I've decided I'm not going to stress over it. I'll simply plan more vacations for the next two weeks, and I'll try to finally get some book work done.

This post reminds me of a quote I read the other day. I have to say I agree with it wholeheartedly. LOL I'll share part of it.

" In the South, the breeze blows softer... neighbors are friendlier, nosier, and more talkative. (By contrast with the Yankee, the Southerner never uses one word when ten or twenty will do)..."

I guess I could have just said that I'm moving rooms and it won't be ready until the week before school. :-)

No comments: